Archives for August 2009
Blueprint is a CSS framework which aims to cut down on your development time by giving you a solid foundation to build your project on top of, with an easy-to-use grid, sensible typography, useful plugins and even a stylesheet for printing. Since Blueprint CSS Framework is very used among developers, you can find a lot of tutorials, plugins, tools and resources that are made to make your development process easier.
What are the advantages of using Blueprint?
- A CSS reset that eliminates the discrepancies across browsers.
- A solid grid that can support the most complex of layouts.
- Typography based on expert principles that predate the web.
- Form styles for great looking user interfaces.
- Print styles for making any webpage ready for paper.
- Plugins for buttons, tabs and sprites.
- Tools, editors, and templates for every step in your workflow.
- Punny Previews – You can hover over the link of your file and get a puny preview of your puny image
- Improved Privacy – Images compressed by punypng are yours soley to own and keep as punnypng automatically delete any image you upload within 15 minutes
- Built-in Support for Dirty Transparency – Your transparent PNGs and GIFs are now compressed up to 35% more using dirty transparency
Whether you have a GIF, JPEG or PNG, use punypng for outrageously fast page loads and help make the web more puny!
- Source & Demo: http://www.gracepointafterfive.com/punypng
Blog Perfume is sharing a new set of 27 social media icons in 3 sizes. The new circular social media icons set includes AIM, Bebo, eBay, Hi5, Last.fm, LinkedIn, Windows Live, Ning, Orkut and Yahoo Messenger icons. Eli, the author of this icon set putted a very big emphasis on function in these icons with the right amount of details. This set also includes an icon template PSD file.
I was compelled to design these icons when through searching the web I couldn’t find a suitable set of simple, circular social media icons. What kind of age are we living in when you cannot find a good set of simple, sleek, circular social media icons? So here they are.
Update: This post is outdated and the promotion is no longer available. However, you can visit the Envato’s marketplaces to buy and sell all sorts of digital products.
To celebrate Envato’s 3rd birthday the managers of the company are offering a very special Birthday Bundle that packs together 37 of their favorite items worth of a total of $300 and offer them to us for a ridiculously low $20 price tag. This special offer is available for 3 days only (August 19-21) so you’ll have to hurry!
In this package (a 900MB zip archive) there are files from ThemeForest, FlashDen, VideoHive, GraphicRiver and Audio Jungle.
Packed into the bundle are no less than 37 items from across all five marketplaces, including items like Maximus’ top selling WordPress theme “Convergence”, VectorFlower’s “ZOOM / PAN CONTROLS” and Parker & Kent’s “AS2 XML Elegant Portfolio”. These are some extremely popular files at full price, but for three days only you’ll get them along with 34 others for less than the price of Convergence on its own.
So far the package has been downloaded by over 5,000 customers. Click here to view more details about this awesome offer!