6 Free Password Strength Meter Scripts – For Secure Registrations
Having a strong password is an essential thing in making accounts more secure. The following scripts can help your users to open an account with a powerful password in order to prevent malicious attacks.
Password Strength Meter is a JQuery plugin that uses a smart algorithm to determine the password strength. For instance, if the password matches the username it will be “bad”; if it is less then 4 characters is is “too short”; if it is long and contains letter, numbers and non-alphanumeric characters it is a “strong” password.
- Author: Firas I. Kassem
- Source: http://phiras.wordpress.com/2007/04/08/password-strength-meter-a-jquery-plugin/
- Demo: http://phiras.googlepages.com/PasswordStrengthMeter.html
- Download: http://phiras.googlepages.com/PasswordStrengthMeter.zip
- License: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
Ajax Password Strength Meter Script is a small JQuery Plugin that provides an easy way to show the strength of a user’s password. Some of the things can be adjusted inside this script such as: messages, length/height of the bar.
- Author: Digital Spaghetti
- Source & Demo: http://simplythebest.net/scripts/ajax/ajax_password_strength.html
- Download: http://simplythebest.net/scripts/ajax/ajax_files/jsquery_pstrength.zip
- License: Open Source MIT
There theory is to calculate how many different combinations there are for the password you enter, then determine how many days it would take to crack your password. The algorithm returns a percentage that we then in turn convert to a nice GUI for the end user to see.
- Author: Matthew R. Miller
- Source: http://www.codeandcoffee.com/2007/06/how-to-make-a-password-strength-meter-like-google/
- Demo: http://www.codeandcoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/demo.html
- Download: http://www.codeandcoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/pwd_strength.js
- License: Free
- Source & Demo: http://testcases.pagebakers.com/PasswordMeter/
- License: MIT
- July 27, 2009
- article by Gabriel C.
- 2 comments
HashMask: A Secure Experiment in Password Masking
at July 26, 2009
IPhone-like Password Fields: jQuery dPassword Plugin
at July 10, 2009
Validate (input) password
at August 30, 2008 with 2 comments
How to generate a random password in PHP
at August 29, 2008 with 2 comments
Create a PHP Script that Logins in to a Password Protected Area
at December 17, 2008 with 14 comments