AutoGrowing Textarea JQuery Plugin was inspired by Facebook’s auto-expanding text areas and makes it easy to have auto-growing textareas. The textarea grows and shrinks to fit it’s content, but does not exceed the minimum height you specify via CSS.
Required TextArea CSS Attributes:
You are required to have some basic styles for your textarea for it to work properly, but it’s really not that hard. The solution is simply to create a hidden div that mimics the textarea’s style and then when the height of the div surpasses the height of the textarea, we adjust the size of the textarea.
Flext: MooTools Auto-Growing Textrea Plugin, by Graham McNicoll
- Very easy to implement
- Grows text areas when needed
- Maximum Height to Grow To
- Can grows parents if they have a fixed height
- Ghost text/text overlay for input context and help
- Text input emulation (enter can submit form, instead of new line)