Posted on August 31, 2009, Filled under Design, Bookmark it
Do you need a way to create a font from your very own handwriting? At fontcapture.com you can do that. There’s no software to download and install. All you need is a printer and a scanner. You just need to follow some simple steps to get the desired font: fill in the font template, scan and upload it to the website, and download your completed font. The generated font can be used on both Windows and Mac computers.
To install the font file in Windows browse to the “Fonts” folder (usually located in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\), and just drag-and-drop / copy the file in this folder. If you are using Mac, just double click on it and click “Install font” in the window that appears.
Posted on August 30, 2009, Filled under Design, Bookmark it
my Fontbook is a free and easy to use browser-based font viewer that allows you to easily review and catalog all of your installed fonts. It is an independent platform that can be used in any web browser. This application can help designers to save time since it provides a quick and easy way to view their font collection.
- Font Viewer (Browse all installed fonts, rendered and sorted for your convenience)
- Proof Sheet (Print selected font with several style samples)
- Tags & Favorites (Tag and Rate fonts that you consider important)
- Glyphs (Preview for typeface characters that are listed with each ASCII code to make adding to web pages easy)
- Metrics (Get a better view of letter spacing and line heights)
- List & Swatch Views
- Sample and Body text
- Fast Font Rendering
MyFontbook tries to fill the gap between the limited font tools provided by your operating system and the expensive font management applications aimed at power users.