After 2 years from the release of Twitter Bootstrap, an amazing open-sourced CSS/HTML framework, Bootstrap 3 is finally released.
Bootstrap is a toolkit from Twitter designed to kickstart growth and development of web-apps and web-sites.It provides base CSS and HTML for typography, forms, buttons, tables, grids, navigation, and even more.
- Source: http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
- Browsers: Latest Safari, Latest Google Chrome, Firefox 4+, Internet Explorer 7+, Opera 11
EZ-CSS is a light (1kb), flexible, browser-friendly and easy to use CSS Framework. It works by forcing the final element in the HTML flow to become a block formatting context. EZ-CSS is an easy 4-step process: Insert, Copy, Paste, Edit. This framework lets you create multiple columns of any width, with or without gutters of any width. The small stylesheet can be integrated into any existing style sheet (or in a style element) which makes this solution “framework agnostic”.
EZ-CSS relies on very light HTML markup and CSS rules, but its developers pushed the envelope even further for those who need fast results without increasing the risk of breakage. Their “Quick & Dirty” solution is less semantic than the regular method, but it relies on fewer hooks in the markup, fewer rules in the style sheet and at the same time creates a width-less block formatting context without the caveats that come with using DIVs.
Easy is not just a CSS framework designed for building layouts. It includes built-in (JQuery powered) interactive functions and a library of preformatted and precoded CSS/HTML content blocks that you can simply paste into your master template.
Main features include:
- Rock-solid base HTML structure
- Predefined basic CSS styles for both screen and print
- Library of HTML content blocks that can be easily used and reused
- Basic file organization and possibility of expanding the library with your own code
Easy is rock-solid, true all-in-one front-end solution that you can easily use as it is or customize to fit your own needs.
CSScaffold is a new type of CSS, built with PHP, that changes the way you write and manage your CSS. It speeds up your development time by doing the hard work for you. Scaffold is different to other CSS frameworks, like Blueprint and 960.gs, but it’s power lies in it’s ability to extend the CSS language. It offers you the possibility to generate the CSS found in other CSS frameworks dynamically, like grid classes to quickly build layouts. The framework uses .htaccess files to automatically pass any CSS file through Scaffold first for processing and caching. You just have to drop the files onto your server (keep the framework in your CSS directory) and you’re ready to go with the CSS you’ve already written.
- Written like CSS (it is not necessary to learn a new language to use it)
- Usage of constants within the CSS document
- Use mixins like in SASS and Compass
- Nest selectors to tidy up your code
- Optimize, compress and gzip
- Generate test suites for typography, layouts and form styles
- Plugin architecture that lets you extend the language the way you want
- Requirements: PHP5+, Apache Server (in order to use .htaccess)
- Source: http://github.com/anthonyshort/csscaffold
- Download: http://github.com/anthonyshort/csscaffold/archives/master
- License: New BSD License