PhotoSwipe is inspired by the iOS photo viewer and Google images for mobile and supports mobile handsets running WebKit based browsers, i.e. iOS, Android and Blackberry 6.
- Optimised for mobile devices running a WebKit browser.
- Runs on modern desktop browsers, including Internet Explorer 8 and above.
- Multiple input options including swipe gestures (both mouse and screen touches), keyboard control and an interactive on screen toolbar.
- Responsive to device orientation changes.
- Automatically scales images to maximise screen size and orientation.
- Zoom / pan and rotate images (as of v1.0.4 – experimental iOS devices only)
- Works with your markup and semantic structure. Does not enforce any specific markup.
- Supports image captions.
- Slideshow feature to automatically play through images in the gallery.
- Uses hardware acceleration where possible for smoother transitions and effects.
- Can be integrated into jQuery Mobile.
- Comprehensive customisation options:
- Presentation controlled via CSS
- Set whether the gallery loops or not i.e. when you reach the end, is the next image the first image, or does the gallery show a bounce effect to indicate that you have reached the end.
- Hide or show captions and toolbar
- Change caption and toolbar positions
- Set the speeds of all animations used, from sliding in to fading.